Thursday, June 3, 2010

Angels are rejoicing

Charlie Wedemeyer:  February 19, 1946- June 3, 2010

Greetings to all of our family and friends,

It comes with both great sadness and much rejoicing that Charlie has been called home to meet his Heavenly Father.

Charlie courageously battled through multiple surgeries and infections. He finally succumbed to pneumonia.

At 3:30 in the morning we were awakened by Kale coming to the house. He told Carri and Lucy that his dad wasn’t doing well and it was time to go say goodbye.  Charlie was heavily sedated so there was no suffering in the end.  Lucy, Carri, Kale, and nurses close to the family spent 5 hours praying and singing hymns and songs of worship.   I know it was a precious time for everyone there.

It is surreal to think this man who has suffered immeasurably is now gone from this world and is now in a place where there is no sin, no pain, no sickness, nor anymore death.  


Praise God for the hope we have in Jesus Christ!   Thank God for choosing Charlie to be one of his own.

It has been said for those of us who know the Redeemer Jesus Christ, this is NOT, nor will it be, our best life now;  


Our best life is yet to come- Hallelujah, Amen!

Services are tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 19th in Los Gatos.

Carri will be posting updates in the coming days. Again, we do thank you for your prayers. 


May God be glorified in all our circumstances.

In His Grace,
Keith



Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.                        Romans 5:1-5

1 comment:

Linda Peevyhouse said...

My prayers and love go to all of you as we process the homegoing of Charlie. I have never stopped praying for you all and often over the years I would awaken in the night with an urgent need to pray. I never knew why but tried to remain faithful. My life was forever changed by my 8 years of taking care of Charlie and I learned so much that has helped me in many areas of my life since then. Thank you for the opportunity of being part of the family. I grieve too but not as one without hope. I can just see Charlie running and laughing and talking and EATING. But most of all he is worshiping the One he served so obviously. I love you all and appreciate how faithfully you have kept us all informed these last days. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I will definitely bring some food at some point.
Love,
Linda Peevyhouse