I am not able to post as much as we would like. It is definitely not because there is nothing going on here. Quite the opposite!
We are at an interesting stage of our lives right now. Our children are ages 15, down to 23 months. There are occasions when my life seems overwhelming.
I battle moments of feeling like a failure...I just can't do it all. The other day I made a list of some things we are struggling with...
attitudes,
ones who don’t want to do their chores,
older ones who never quite ‘finish’ their chores but think that they should get full credit for doing ‘some' or 'most’,
ones who cannot seem to physically ‘look’ for an item but glance around and then report that we ‘don’t have any’ when said item is actually further back on the shelf,
little ones who aren’t listening to mom and dad -
and saying ‘I don’t want to’,
and saying ‘I don’t want to’,
poopy diapers because an able child didn’t bother
to go to the toilet,
more than one child crying at the same time (3 is fun),
ones who leave their things everywhere and cry when they are lost or when the dog chews it up,
ones who walk over things on the ground
instead of picking them up,
ones who propose that they have ‘cleaned up’ when actually they have shoved items wherever they found an empty spot,
inconsolable littlest one who MUST be carried by mom while she is desperately trying to talk other little ones through a conflict and while she's making dinner and giving an older one a timed test...
I didn't write this to complain. I won't complain - I am too grateful!
I wrote it down because it is hard to deal with this stuff on a daily/hourly basis. It can be very exhausting. Not just physically, but emotionally too.
I believe, though, that there will come a day when we don't even remember most of this. Lots of this will become a blur - some of it already has.
There is always life in motion at our home...sometimes it is a bit chaotic...sometimes pretty loud...
but always LIFE........cherished......and being lived to its fullest..
So, I am simply documenting some of the craziness that goes on in a typical day right now, so that one day we can rejoice when we look back and see just how far the Lord has brought us.
| Kawika 20 months |

No comments:
Post a Comment