Monday, May 24, 2010

Charlie's surgery II

 May 20, 2010

Greetings to all family friends,

I thought this was worth sending out to those who pray to and know the goodness of our holy God.

Charlie has been in the hospital with a serious infection (which is now under control) and an intestinal blockage which has doctors perplexed and very concerned.  Surgery is the last resort and, we have arrived at the last resort.  Lucy (and I) had a consultation with the surgeon yesterday - the surgery is scheduled for Friday morning.

This is going to put Charlie's body to the test, and that is what has the doctor most concerned.  Basically the doctor told us if he doesn't reverse the blockage Charlie will die - and the surgery itself could have a grim outcome.  Out of everything Charlie has gone through since I have known him, I have never seen him be in so much pain and discomfort.

Please pray for God's divine comfort for Charlie (and the entire Wedemeyer family) along with wisdom for doctors.  As usual Lucy is upbeat and she wants God to glorified in whatever happens, but the last 24 hours have been very emotional for Carri and Lucy (and Charlie and Kale).

As we pray with the kids everynight, we remind them that God has Grandpa in the palm of His hand.

In His Grace,
Keith

No comments: