It has now been more than two months since my dad went to be with the Lord.
That morning , everything seemed to stop for a moment. Nothing else was important, or needed to be attended to.
We could just...be.
Be quiet.
Be sad.
Be reflective.
Be tired.
I am so grateful for our nurses that were there with my mom, my brother, and I that morning. I call them ‘nurses’ here, because that is how they initially came into our lives. They knew my dad pretty well, as they were his caregivers. These ladies are not just ‘nurses’ to our family. They are friends... sisters in Christ... ‘Aunties’ to my children. They are part of our family.
On my dad’s last day with us, a few of our nurses got the word (or the ‘text’ I should say), and came in at the wee hours of the morning. For those early morning hours at his bedside in the hospital we prayed... we wept... we sang... and we laughed as we shared memories and stories my dad so would’ve enjoyed.
Finally, we slowly started to gather my dad’s things...
took down all the pictures we had plastered all over the walls...
tucked away the bible and books my mom had read to him...
packed up all the supplies we brought...
and slowly rolled out his empty wheelchair...

1 comment:
I Loved every moment i got to spend with the Wedemeyers. I thank God for allowing me to work with such loving people. I was looking through all the pictures posted up and boy time does fly. There is not a day that goes by i dont have you all on my mind. I am always thinking of Charlie and Lucy wondering what i would be doing for him if he was still here. I miss him soooo much! My heart still aches knowing the fact that he is no longer with us. Had not been for Charlie and the family i probably would'nt have the dream of becoming a R.N. As of now, i am attending DeAnza college reaching to achieve my goals. It is hard going back to school after 8 years of graduating from high school and 7 years working with Charlie. Its tough, but with working for Charlie and him being a father figure to me nothing is to difficult. Charlie taught me to follow my dreams despite of the what comes my way, keep pushing through. God never said it was going to be easy either, so i am fighting until that day comes. If Charlie can fight through all the "No" or the "Imposible" so can i with God (The dream giver) by my side. I love you all very much and cant wait to read more stories and post. Have a blessed rest of the week!
Post a Comment