Keith and I are thrilled to be expecting baby #7. This was a wonderful surprise! I am due the day before my birthday in March. Thankfully, I have finally rounded the corner of first trimester nausea and exhaustion. Although I am ‘over the hill’ and considered high risk, Keith and I are so grateful that the Lord would bless us this way. We are so excited to meet this newest little one!
![]() |
| Kaleo (16) and Kainoa (10) |
It has been a wonderful blessing to see both of our oldest girls step up into roles of greater responsibilities, because I was falling asleep at the drop of a hat! We are grateful that they love to cook and bake. All the time of having them in the kitchen with me has paid off!
They can handle all the meals. Some favorite breakfasts they make are pancakes, toad in a hole, and apple turnovers. Some favorite dinners are taco casserole, lots of different pasta dishes, and homemade soups.
We have been thoroughly enjoying the girls latest endeavor. Last fall we made apple pie filling and canned it up. Recently, inspired by a pie contest at church, the girls decided to attempt to make an apple pie from scratch using our homemade filling.
The girls got up at the crack of dawn ( I suppose so as not to have any little ones distracting) and got busy. I have never made a pie crust from scratch, so they had no frame of reference. Well, the rest of the family finally awoke to the most wonderful smell of freshly baked apple pie! It was delicious! And they made two more that week!
Mmmmmm!


1 comment:
Ooooh, good job, Kaleo & Kainoa! Those look absolutely delicious! ;) Next pie contest!
Post a Comment